Tara Gleig - Bed Bug Wholesale.
- Bedbugs are small, oval insects that feed on humans or animals by sucking their blood.
- Bedbugs do not fly or jump.
- Bedbugs are pests that can live anywhere in the home. They can live in cracks in furniture or in any type of textile, including upholstered furniture. They are most common in beds, including the mattress, box springs, and bed frames.
- Bedbugs are most active at night which is why they are commonly refer to as Night Ninjas. They may bite any exposed areas of skin while an individual is sleeping. Common locations for bedbug bites are the face, neck, hands, and arms.
- Fecal stains, egg cases, and shed skins of bedbugs in crevices and cracks on or near beds are suggestive that bedbugs may be present, but only observing the bugs themselves can confirm an active infestation. A professional pest-control company may be required to help identify and remove bedbugs from the home.
- A bedbug infestation is one of the most difficult problems to rectify. Much harder than other pests due to their tolerance for pesticides, their ability to hide and hibernate and their ability to go for more than 6 months without feeding. It’s common for a bedbug infestation to return after what seems to be months of no activity due to one egg or one bedbug not being eradicated in the first treatment.
- A bedbug bite is painless and is generally not noticed. The bites may be mistaken for mosquito bites, skin rash of another cause. Small, flat, or raised bumps are the most common sign. Symptoms include redness, swelling, and itching. It’s common to find bedbug bites in a line where they have tracked between feeds. One bite is often not enough to fill a bedbug.
- Typically, no treatment is required for bedbug bites. If itching is severe, steroid creams or oral antihistamines may be used.
- Only 50% of the population reacts to bedbug bites. Some people can be bitten continuously and never know about it.
- One of the worst side effects of bedbugs is insomnia or the surreal feeling of bed bugs crawling on you even when you know they are not.